Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Spore? Spore!



I'm a big big big Maxis fan, and cut my teeth on the original SimCity back in yesterdayland. In fact, if you tally up the sum total of my life that I've spent playing every version of SimCity, weeks would be the appropriate unit of measure. I even played SimAnt, SimFarm (really!) and SimTower. Oddly enough, I've never played The Sims, though -- I think I'd probably get far too into it for my own good. (Maybe when I take my someday-sabattical I'll put that on the to-do list).

But, man, Will Wright's new creation looks incredible. When this comes out, expect to not see me for a while. And when you do see me again, I might be applying to med school or something...

Oh, FYI, I'll also be out of touch when that new slim model of the DS comes out. (Super Princess Peach!)

1 comment:

Amy said...

I spent hours on the original SimCity too. I used to build amazing cities and then unleash horrible disasters on them to see if I was good enough to save the city after it was consumed by a tornado or an earthquake or that freaky green monster.